Welcome to Palmer Primary School
At Palmer, the staff believe that quality teaching and learning is fundamental to all students reaching their full potential and experiencing success. With this as our overarching philosophy, we have jointly developed our Site Improvement Plan on agreed values, vision and purpose, and identified priorities for establishing optimum learning conditions for all of our students.
The core learning at Palmer Primary School aims to:
- Provide all children with a broad and balanced curriculum, with particular emphasis on Literacy and Numercy, with a supportive constructivist learning environment.
- Provide quality social skills and hands-on programs that develop the whole child.
- Educate children to be active and responsible citizens by explicit teaching of group skills and decision making.
- Develop home / school partnerships to achieve improved learning outcomes.
- Provide assessment and reporting practices that inform teaching and learning and also contribute to the partnership and sharing of knowledge of the child’s development with families.
- Ensure quality teaching through comprehensive planning, programming and review.
- Challenge staff to continuously improve through a variety of professional development activities.